22 June 2008

Posted by ShureX Posted on June 22, 2008 | No comments

No More Secrets

June 22 Sunday Reflection

“Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known.”
–Matthew 10:26


Readings :
Jeremiah 20:10-13
Psalm 69:8-10,14,17,33-35(14c)
Romans 5:12-15
Matthew 10:26-33



My mom and I were at the supermarket doing our weekly shopping for food and other supplies. Just as we were checking out after paying for our purchases, we saw an uncle of mine. Mom was about to call him but stopped in mid-sentence. Then I realized why. My uncle was with another woman, definitely not my aunt, with a 10-year-old boy in tow. No doubt they were a family. My uncle’s second family, that is. I wondered if my aunt knew. Meanwhile, my mom was way ahead of me- she wanted to tell my aunt about my uncle’s secret as soon as we got home.

No secret can be kept hidden forever- especially with God. Secrets have an uncanny way of revealing themselves at the most unexpected times and unlikely places. If you think nobody’s looking while you indulge in your clandestine affair, think again.

At Judgment Day, there will no longer be secrets. As we come before our Maker, I imagine there’ll be a big screen where our entire life will be shown for everyone to see. Every emotion, every action, every thought and every deed will be revealed.
-Dina Pecaña

Reflection:
Are there secrets you think can hide from the Lord?

Prayer:
Lord, may You flood the dark recesses of my secret life with the light of Your truth.


sent by : ChristianYouth


Categories:

0 Komentar:

Post a Comment

Setelah dibaca apa anda punya komentar untuk artikel diatas ?
Jika anda merasa tersentuh, terinspirasi, termotivasi dengan artikel ini bagikan bersama kami dengan meninggalkan pesan, kesan atau komentar apa saja.

Semoga komentar anda dapat menjadi semangat bagi yang lainnya.

  • Text Widget