31 March 2008

Readings:

Acts 2:42-47

Psalm 118:2-4,13-15,22-24

1 Peter 1:3-9

John 20:19-31


“Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.” –John 20:29


Few people would not recognize the image of Jesus with the red and white rays and with the caption, “Jesus, I trust in you!” It’s the image of the Divine Mercy which is celebrated every second Sunday of Easter. I’ve had this devotion for years now because of an illness that should have killed me.


This is one very important truth I learned: When you fully trust God, you surrender totally to Him! This means you trust Jesus that He knows what is best for you- that He will answer your prayers in His right time and right way. Maybe not in your time. Maybe not in your way. But you hold on and believe!


Ironically, today’s reading is also about Thomas who is unfortunately known as the “doubting apostle.” He went down in history saying, “I will only believe when I see.” His words prompted Jesus to say, “Blessed are those who have not seen and believed.” Jesus may also be telling us to trust in what He sees for us, and not only what we see for ourselves.


When you say, “Jesus, I trust in you!” you indeed prepare yourself for a real faith experience.

-Alvin Barcelona


Reflection:

When you trust in Jesus, do you really trust in His ways or your ways?


Prayer:

Jesus, King of Mercy...my Lord and my God...I trust in You!

email by ChristianYouth
Categories:

0 Komentar:

Post a Comment

Setelah dibaca apa anda punya komentar untuk artikel diatas ?
Jika anda merasa tersentuh, terinspirasi, termotivasi dengan artikel ini bagikan bersama kami dengan meninggalkan pesan, kesan atau komentar apa saja.

Semoga komentar anda dapat menjadi semangat bagi yang lainnya.

  • Text Widget