09 March 2008

Posted by ShureX Posted on March 09, 2008 | No comments

March 9 Sunday Reflection: Far Better Place

Readings:
Ezekiel 37:12-14
Psalm 130:1-2,3-4,5-6,7-8
Romans 8:8-11
John 11:1-45

"I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he does, will live."
-John 11:25

My mother died of cancer. I didn't leap for joy when the doctor told us about her condition. But another part of me was happy that if she didn't get healed, she would still be in a far better place than earth could ever be.

So when she died a few months after her surgery, I prayed hard that the Lord would make her worthy to enter that blessed place. Recently, she appeared in a dream. She was smiling. So now even as I continue to pray for her, I also more often ask for her intercession.

I savor my hope-filled view of death because I got delivered from fear of dying after I came to know Jesus in a more personal way. Now I look forward to that time without worry. I will probably still commit sin, and I don't know how long the journey will take, or how difficult it will be. But as surely as Jesus said it, then He will raise me to everlasting life.

We just need to believe in the One who will let us enter heaven --Jesus.
-Joy Sosoban

Reflection:
Heaven... to Him of adequate desire. No further 'tis, than Here. (Emily Dickinson)

Prayer:
In light or darkness, Lord, let me believe steadfastly in heaven.

Mail from : ChristianYouth
Categories:

0 Komentar:

Post a Comment

Setelah dibaca apa anda punya komentar untuk artikel diatas ?
Jika anda merasa tersentuh, terinspirasi, termotivasi dengan artikel ini bagikan bersama kami dengan meninggalkan pesan, kesan atau komentar apa saja.

Semoga komentar anda dapat menjadi semangat bagi yang lainnya.

  • Text Widget